Does the sound of children’s laughter brighten your day? You’re not alone. As William Thackeray says, “a good laugh is sunshine in the house.” As a parent, I always enjoy hearing my kids laughing throughout the house while they’re playing with their siblings. When I am cooking dinner for the family and I hear their laughter, I realize that these are some of the best moments of parenthood. No matter how hard my day may have been, when I see my kids smile and hear them laugh I can feel my stress begin to melt away. For this reason, I’m always sure to have a few funny jokes up my sleeve to elicit a laugh (or an eye-roll as your kids get older). Here are some timeless favourites.
1.What can you catch but not throw?
2.What kind of room doesn’t have doors?
3.What did one plate say to the other?
Dinner is on me!
4.How do all the oceans say hello to each other?
5.Where do cows go for entertainment?
6.Why did the melon jump into the lake?
It wanted to be a water-melon.
7. Why did the banana go to the hospital?
He was peeling really badly.
8. How do you know when the moon has had enough to eat?
A: When it’s full!
9. Why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants?
In case he got a hole in one.
10. Why was the math book sad?
Because it had so many problems.
11. Why did the student eat his homework?
Because his teacher told him it was a piece of cake!
12. What did one penny say to another penny?
We make cents.
13. What musical instrument is found in the bathroom?
A tube-a toothpaste.
14. What did the snowman say to the other snowman?
Do you smell carrots?
15. Why can’t you give Elsa a balloon?
She will Let It Go.
16. What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?
The same middle name.
17. Which is the longest word in the dictionary?
“Smiles,” because there is a mile between each “s.”
18. What stays in a corner and travels all over the world?
19. Why did the little boy throw his clock out the window?
Because he wanted to see time fly.
20. How does a train eat?
It goes chew chew.
21. What kind of key opens a banana?
22. How many tickles does it take to tickle an octopus?
Let me know which jokes work on your kids! Comment down below to share more jokes with me!